Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Week 5, Task 11: Take a look at Library Thing

I really enjoyed Library Thing! I'm always looking for more books to read. This sounds like an insane statement since I am surrounded by books everyday. I'm a very picky reader.......well, sort of. I will read anything but I won't finish a book I don't like. Unfortunately not a lot has struck my fancy lately. A site like this will help me find readers with similar tastes and therefore some trustworthy book recommendations. That is the tip of the iceberg too. You can get reviews from readers, recommend the site to patrons, and increase your knowledge of "hot item" books without having to read them all (who has the time?!).

My catalog to date:

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Meglamaniac

Note: I added a sidebar (it's on the right hand side) with a couple of the books from my catalog. Also, for anyone who checks out my catalog I only put Janet Evanovich's 1st book in the Stephanie Plum numbered series. I've read them all thus far but I didn't feel the need to note all of them in my catalog! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo for the liberation of not finishing a book you don't like. Not sure where that weird sense of duty comes from but it must be resisted. Interesting blog! Clever title. Keep up the good and "alternative" work.