Friday, July 13, 2007

Week 6, Task 14: Discover Technorati and learn how tags work with blogs

Technorati is a fairly interesting site. I like the "watchlist" idea since you can monitor different topics being discussed in different blogs, videos, etc. It is also nice that people with common interests can more easily find your blog. Will I use it a ton? Probably not. Once again, I don't really use the Internet for entertainment. I might continue this blog once our 23 things program is over though, so I joined Technorati.

I was pleased to see that the top searches/top blogs didn't just consist of Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan discussions and videos! In fact I found some political plugs for Ron Paul. I am a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat but I kind of like this guy. Some of what he says makes sense and lets face it, it is refreshing listening to a political figure have an intelligent dialogue. That has been lacking for quite some time (ahem).

So I am including one of the YouTube plugs for Ron Paul (funded by http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ ). It is a little heavy handed and over the top but no more than any other political candidate's plug. Mind you, I'm still on the fence over who I'm going to support for the presidency but I just thought it was an interesting political plug. I also find it interesting that YouTube, and similar sites, are being used by the presidental canidates. It makes sense! It is free, it is grassroots, and it appeals to several different demographics. Our world is definitely changing!

Here it is:




Here is my:
Technorati Profile for anyone who is interested.

Tags:





No comments: