Monday, July 30, 2007

Week 9, Task 21: Discover some useful tools for locating podcasts

Here is a link to my Public Google Reader which has one of the podcasts I subscribed to (click on Vincent's name):




So I tried to make a podcast. I signed-up, made the podcast, and when I went to save it the website crashed (froze for a half hour) so I logged out and when I went to log back in it wouldn't let me. *Sigh* I gave up. I at least got to record the podcast which was rather cool.

I surfed the different podcast search engines and listened to a couple library related podcasts. I didn't find any of them terribly stimulating so I listened to some book related podcasts. I just finished "My Sister's Keeper" so I listened to a podcast about that. I then listened to a couple Harry Potter podcasts because they are EVERYWHERE since the release of the book! I then looked for a podcast on the King Tut exhibit. I didn't find too much on it which was disappointing. I subscribed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art's podcast, which is above. That's about it. Podcasts could be useful but I feel they are a bit like YouTube.......a lot of crude to wade through to get to the good stuff!

No comments: