Monday, July 9, 2007

Week 4, Task 9: Exploring MERLIN and then....

OK - I'm not having an easy time with MERLIN. I tried and tried to subscribe to the feed through Google Reader and couldn't do it. I then hit the RSS button and my computer subscribed to the feed but I don't always work at the same computer so this was not the ideal solution for me. :o( I'm going to keep looking into it because I am curious if I am doing something wrong. Hmph!

I cruised through the other search tools. I'm already subscribed to all of the readers that I am interested in but I searched some different items just to see how the search engines worked. My ratings: Topix.net - loved it - very easy to use and I actually subscribed to another news reader through them. Feedster - Eh - it was a B-. I didn't think it was super user friendly and it had too many crappy feeds to sift through to find the good stuff. Syndic8- ick - I didn't care for this one at all. Not user friendly, took too long to upload, and they keep trying to get you to "register" which is annoying. Technorati - was a fun site - good for personal stuff but I don't think it would be the first site I would go to for work purposes!

That's it. It's good to know the search sites are there but I don't know how much I will realistically use them. At least not now, who knows what the future will hold..........

No comments: