Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 3, Task 5, Exercise B: Explore Flickr



Techniques to Success Originally uploaded by Salt Air ---that's me. :o)

A great Russian student at our library let me take this. Our library branch is located at the beach and we have a HUGE influx of Eastern European and Russian students who come and work here in the summer. They tend to descend upon the library to use the free Internet access (we average an hour to an hour and a half wait!) and I wanted to somehow capture an element of this. I thought a picture of all the kids waiting would be too "blah". I like this picture because it shows his culture (the Cyrillic language) but it also shows our cultural influence (note the hair).

For those who are curious, his shirt reads "Techniques to Success".

OK- on to the next part.......

No comments: