Thursday, June 14, 2007

Week 3, Task 5, Exercise A: Explore Flickr

I Love Flickr! I'm a huge photog fan and I could spend 3 weeks on this task alone! I had a really hard time picking just one picture. This picture is by screen name Crazybobbles (he didn't give a real name in his profile):





Mr Fly Originally uploaded by crazybobbles

I love this picture because it brings my favorite photo elements together: macro photography and black and white photography (I think it was taken in color but I feel it reads as black and white). Macro photography, for the unfamiliar, are extremely close-up pictures. I love both these styles of photography because I think they force people to see the world differently, through a different lens if you will (the pun is always intended). Macro photography and black and white photography emphasize certain elements of an object such as texture and form. Color photography (in my opinion) is best at capturing movement and well, color. :o)

I loved this task. It was a little frustrating at 1st trying to figure out which blog service we had (I used the about key here - found out we were the blogger blog and went from there). Once it was hooked up though it was cake to get the picture here.

One more note on the picture above. I'm not a huge fly fan but the amount of patience (stubborness?) and luck it must have taken crazybobbles to capture that picture is astounding!

I know we are only required to do either A or B but I think I would like to try both. So, on to task B...........






No comments: